Helping you to celebrate your own memorable, vibrant and personal wedding ceremony simply and easily, with love and laughter.
Where do you begin when planning a wedding ceremony?
Do these thoughts and questions sound familiar to you?
- “We have no idea where to start”
- “How long should our wedding ceremony go for?”
- “We want to have a relaxed, laid-back celebration of our relationship and our future together.”
- “We want a wedding ceremony that reflects us – not too serious, but not too wacky either.”
- “We just want a simple wedding with a couple of guests, can we do this? Is this called an elopement?”
And that’s where I step in!
It’s your wedding ceremony so it should be exactly how you want it to be. I’ve got stacks of ideas, resources, inspiration and information to guide you.
I’ve lived in Melbourne all my life so can help you with any questions about getting married in Melbourne and the Yarra Valley.
Getting Married During the Coronavirus – A Few Things to Know
Love is still love and it’s still possible to get married even during the lock down. If you’re looking at celebrating your wedding, I’m here to answer any of your questions around your content and plans.
First up, you need to know that from the 8th July 2020 if you wish to get married, there are strict laws in place. Remember that each state of Australia has different regulations so make sure you check in with the laws in the state where you are getting married. Here’s a link to the rules in Victoria…
Weddings can only take place in a private home if the couple and witnesses live there already. Only 5 people are allowed to attend – the couple, 2 witnesses and your celebrant. If the couple and the witnesses don’t live together, the wedding can only take place outside in a public space, for example, in a park, or on a beach. At all times observation of the physical distance and density rules is required.
You can live stream your ceremony on Zoom, Skype or Facetime, so your families and friends can watch and join in the fun. When the time is right you can celebrate with a big party, and perhaps renew your vows with everyone present – cheers!
Many couples are choosing to use this period as a chance to take more time to plan and arrange their wedding all from the comfort of their own couch.
I’m here for you to help you navigate through everything there is to know about how to get married. It’s so easy to chat together over any of the video messaging platforms available.
Let’s chat. Send me an email, text or DM and let’s start to plan your perfect celebration!
I'm the wedding celebrant for you when you want someone who is…
- Professional, organised and confident with over 15 years’ experience.
- Vibrant, natural, engaging and authentic.
- Relaxed, easy-going and passionate about helping you create the perfect celebration of your love.
- Based in Melbourne.
- A good listener, a collaborator and encourager of thinking “outside the square”.
- Delighted to celebrate same sex weddings.
But we're not a fit if you want somebody who is…
- Over the Top (OTT).
- A Comedian or the Star of the Show.
- Boring and Authoritative.
- A “cookie cutter” type.
The wedding ceremonies I love to celebrate are:
- relaxed and meaningful, where you and your guests are engaged and connected;
- the right timing – not too long, not too short;
- light-hearted with a touch of serious formality;
- a balance of fun, laughter, and respect.
A wedding ceremony should tell your story and incorporate elements that hold special meaning for you.
My personal commitment to you
To ensure your wedding ceremony is easy to plan, make decisions upon, and is exactly the way you want it to be.
Your wedding day is all about you! So let’s get together and collaborate to design a ceremony that reflects you, your beliefs, and your story.